Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to reset Yamaha YPG-640 / 635


I spent hours digging on the web, trying to search for "Factory reset for Yamaha YPG 640 piano" but ironically, the answer was right in front of me. If you have a user manual, it's on page 64. If you don't, just follow these easy simple procedures



TO RESET USER'S SETTING TO FACTORY SETTING: Hold the highest white key (see pic) while your piano is in "off" stage, then turn ON piano and don't release the white key until the message appear on the screen.




TO DELETE DATA/SONG/STYLE/VOICE TO FACTORY RESET: follow procedure as above, except this time hold the last white key along with the 3 black keys (see pic)



These procedure should also work for Yamaha YPG-635 YPG-625 DGX-630 but I only tested on my Yamaha 640. Though, I ended up returning my keyboard to the store for a Casio WK-7500 because it offers more sounds to play with :D

11 comments:

  1. Great help!
    Especially the orange arrows!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I have a Yamaha YPG-635, it works great until today. When I play some chores (multi keys), here comes a strange, out-off-tone note! Do you have any idea what the problem might be?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im having the same problems! Notes pinging and chords being played that sound awful! Did you find an answer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im having the same problems! Notes pinging and chords being played that sound awful! Did you find an answer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Yamaha YPG-635 it's lighting up but but see anything on menu screen or no so any idea what it could be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Yamaha grand piano dgr 230 the sound just stopped working please help

    ReplyDelete
  7. For YPG 235 works to. Thanks G.B.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tips are really helpful for reset the piano. I am looking for some tips to buy a perfecct yamaha keyboard for me. Can you suggest me some tricks for buying a perfect yamaha ypg-235 keyboard?
    yamaha ypg-235

    ReplyDelete